I-League clubs come together to form IPFCA11-Mar, 2012
In an unified effort, 12 I-League club owners/ representatives have decided to launch the Indian Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA).
The decision was taken following a meeting held at the Ashok Piramal Group Business Centre - Lotus Lounge, Mumbai on Saturday, 10th March, 2012. The conclusive idea of forming the IPFCA is to safeguard the interest of its member clubs, promote and popularize the football in India.
The IPFCA, it was decided will be funded by member clubs and formed under the Society Registration Act 1860.
The clubs also spelt out IPFCA objectives, which include
- Promote and safeguard the common interests of the clubs
- Popularize the I-League across India
- Help make the I-League sustainable and profitable
- Encourage the formation of new professional clubs
- Share best practices among member clubs
- Get the I-League teams to play in the Asian Champions league.
There was detailed discussion amongst the club owners and representatives regarding the progress made towards setting a focused approach for making I league a separate entity in which the clubs would have major stakes.
Members expressed deep concern with regards to departure of Mahindra United and JCT from Indian Football and expressed their anguish that unless corrective suitable action is taken, others may follow suit.
The members who met and outlined IPFCA were;
1. Kingfisher East Bengal - Mr. Shantiranjan Das Gupta
2. McDowell Mohun Bagan - Mr. Anjan Mitra, Mr. Debashish Dutta and Mr. Alokesh Banerjee
3. Prayag United SC - Mr. Siddhartha Bhattacharya
4. Salgaocar SC - Mr. Shivanand Salgaocar and Mr. Raj Gomes
5. Dempo SC - Mr. Srinivas Dempo and Mr. Suvrat Thatte
6. Sporting Clube de Goa - Mr. Peter Vaz and Mr. Victor Fernandes
7. Chirag Kerala - Mr. Prashantan
8. Mumbai FC - Mr. Atul Badgamia
9. Air-India SC - Mr. Godfrey Pereira
10. Shillong Lajong FC - Mr. Larsingh Ming
11. Pune FC - Mr. Nandan Piramal and Mr. Chirag Tanna
12. Churchill Brothers requested ‘Leave of Absence,’ but offered total support to the decisions and the formation of the IPFCA.
It was also proposed that the registered office of the IPFCA will be the Pune FC office.
An official launch of the IPFCA is expected soon.
Sneak out the latest news of Team McDowell Mohun Bagan and update fans everywhere. Just post the link or upload an image of your news on players, current events and more.POST NOW
- McDowell's Mohun Bagan players hopeful of winning the CFL... more
- Derby match to decide CFL fate; IFA starts ticket sales... more
- Odafa scored his sixth hat-trick of the season... more
- Rahim Nabi included in 18-member squad... more
- Revised fixture of CFL Premier Division... more
- Good comeback by Mariners... more