Ground Secretary's room in Mohun Bagan tent damaged25-Apr, 2012
Mohun Bagan tent suffered a bit of damage today evening after a tree fell on the club tent during a cyclone. Due to the Kalbaisakhi (summer storm), even an IPL match scheduled at Eden Gardens was canceled today.
The tree fell directly over the Ground Secretary's room. Ground Secretary, Swadhin Mallick, who usually stays at the tent till 8:30 pm, today left a bit early at around 7 p.m. and luckily for him the incident took place at around 8 p.m. A glass top table in the room was shattered to pieces. Also few picture frames hanging on the wall were damaged.
Since there was no one present in the club tent, there was no report of any injury.The repair work of the damaged portion of the tent will start soon.
Sneak out the latest news of Team McDowell Mohun Bagan and update fans everywhere. Just post the link or upload an image of your news on players, current events and more.POST NOW
- McDowell's Mohun Bagan players hopeful of winning the CFL... more
- Derby match to decide CFL fate; IFA starts ticket sales... more
- Odafa scored his sixth hat-trick of the season... more
- Rahim Nabi included in 18-member squad... more
- Revised fixture of CFL Premier Division... more
- Good comeback by Mariners... more